Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed and links in the following posts are completed by Deuel High School students and do not necessarily reflect the views of the other students, teachers, the school board or administration of the School District. Please join in the conversation with the students as we encourage your thoughts and opinions as well. If you choose not to identify yourself, the comment may not be approved.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

dear kelly

Dear Readers: Thanks so much for asking me all these amazing questions and I hope that I can help you to answer them! I know that I might not be the best advice giver but I am going to try my absolute hardest!

Dear Kelly: Dear Kelly, I know have a problem, more like a fear. Every time I get in front of a crowd, my heart starts to speed up and I feel light headed. I know that this is called stage fright, but its not even when I am in front a lot of people, it could be a group of 6 people.

Dear Frightened: There are a lot people out there that have the same fear, or in other words, phobia. There is even a technical name for this fear, the name for this fear is glossophobia. The definition for glossophobia is, fear of public speaking. There are many ways that you can get rid or help ease this fear. One thing that you can do, and I know that it will sound cliché is, imagine everybody in there underwear. This may sound silly, but it will help calm your nerves, and it will make you feel like you should not be the one worrying about the little things, like if you have something on your face when you are speaking or something else along those lines. I know that for me, it always helps to imagine the crowd in there underwear, because it makes me feel more confident.

Dear Kelly: Dear Kelly, This is kind of a weird question, but me and my boyfriend have been going steady for about 8 months now and he has completely changed from the way that we were when we first started dating. He is more pushy now, and he tells me what I can and can't do. I really think that I love him, its just gotten harder lately, and I do not know how much longer I can put up with his anger issues.

Dear in love: I think that if you really do love this guy, then you need to try and understand why he is acting the way he is. I do not think that it is acceptable for him, or any other man to treat a woman that way you are saying that he is treating you. From what I understand, girls think that it is cute when the guy is protective over her, but not to the point when he is telling you were and when you are allowed to be. You and this guy have only been going steady for 8 months, and that is a pretty long time, but it is not a long enough time for you to get treated like you have been together for 8 years.

NOTICE: Dear Kelly is not meant to take the place of a medical respondent or a councilor. Please see one if you think that you might need to talk to one.

No comments:

Post a Comment