Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed and links in the following posts are completed by Deuel High School students and do not necessarily reflect the views of the other students, teachers, the school board or administration of the School District. Please join in the conversation with the students as we encourage your thoughts and opinions as well. If you choose not to identify yourself, the comment may not be approved.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cell Phones


(Cell Phones)

We all have them, weather they are smart phones, or track phones. We all will own one sooner or later own a cell phone. Cell phones are the number one use for communication in America. Cell phones pass talking for communications. That might seem a little crazy, but in this day and age, there are 4th graders that have iPhones and iPad and even Droids.

“I am on my phone more then I probably should be. I am on my phone at least 20 out of the 24 hours in a day. If I get a text at night,when I'm sleeping then I will try and wake up, just to text back.” Said Sophomore Katelyn Lovre. Lovre has a Droid Phone and her carrier is Verizon. She normally spends her time texting her boyfriend or her best friend. When she gets a text message she will only reply if its either her parents, boyfriend, or best friends. She doesn't really have a favorite between texting and calling. “I like to text when I am not really in a good mood, that way people don't have to put up with it, but if I'm in a good mood then I will call, sometimes its just to have a nice conversation, but other times I call because it's fast then texting” Said Lovre.

Did you know that A majority (57%) of teens view their cell phone as the key to their social life? Well, now you do know. Teens rely on there cell phones more then they relay in actually talking to communicate. The youngest of kids are even starting to get cell phones, lab tops, or even tablets.

“I remember back when I was in 6th grade, I was satisfied with just having a coloring book and crayons, and maybe if I was lucky I would get a new toy car.” Says 20 year old, Jonathan Vande Brake.

Vande Brake thinks that it is crazy the limits that parents will go to give there kids new technology.

“If I had any say in how people raise there kids with the whole technology situation, then I would take the phone out of there hands and replace it with a book.”

It is a proven fact that the intelligence of our generation has decreased about 35% as a national average. Researcher think that half of the reason why our intelligence level is dropping is because of how much we rely on technology to help us understand things.

No comments:

Post a Comment