Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed and links in the following posts are completed by Deuel High School students and do not necessarily reflect the views of the other students, teachers, the school board or administration of the School District. Please join in the conversation with the students as we encourage your thoughts and opinions as well. If you choose not to identify yourself, the comment may not be approved.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Titantic

Note: This is an article on a survivor who survived the Titanic. (All in my perspective.)
I, Sarah Anderson, a survivor from the Titanic had a horrid trip on the ship to New York. It was the worst time of my life and I can't believe I survived. It was so scary. When the ship hit the iceberg, I didn't know what was happening at first. All of us people that were riding on the ship were all confused since it was around 2:00 a.m in the morning when it was happening. All of a sudden, water started to come through doors, break through walls, break through everything and the ship started to fall apart immediately. Everything that was on the ship was ruined and it was all floating. Such as the pictures on the walls and whatever else was on the walls. People were in their rooms sleeping and had woken up to a scary site. Everyone was screaming and running all over the place and I just didn't know what to do at all. As the ship was was breaking, I started to run everywhere. I didn't know where to go at all. As I watched people fall to the water, I knew I was gonna be next to go. I started to fall and I had fell into the water. I had fallen onto a piece of the ship. It was a somewhat small but not so big piece of wood. I laid on top of that and I started to float towards towards shore. Once I got to shore, I couldn't believe that I had survived it. I was one of the very few people that had survived it. In my opinion, I was kinda mad that, that this had to happen because it ruined my trip to New York but then again I'm not because I'm so glad that I made through it. If I didn't have grabbed onto that piece of wood, I don't think I would have survived. I am so lucky I seen it.
I do actually blame the captain for all of this. I blame the captain more than the White Star Line(the makers of the ship) because I feel like that the captain should have been paying more attention. I don't think it's the White Star Line's fault at all just because they built the ship. That has nothing to do with the ship crashing into an iceberg and the ship started to fall apart and sink. The captain should have known that the iceberg was there. On the other hand, it can be the White Star Line's fault because the ship shouldn't have fallen apart. They could have made the ship much better. If they would've made it better with different supplies, the ship wouldn't have broken apart or sank. In my opinion, I blame the captain.

1 comment:

  1. You floated all the way to shore! Wow! That must have been a long, long ride!

    ReplyDelete