Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed and links in the following posts are completed by Deuel High School students and do not necessarily reflect the views of the other students, teachers, the school board or administration of the School District. Please join in the conversation with the students as we encourage your thoughts and opinions as well. If you choose not to identify yourself, the comment may not be approved.

Monday, February 27, 2012

dear kelly

Dear Readers: Thanks so much for asking me all these amazing questions and I hope that I can help you to answer them! I know that I might not be the best advice giver but I am going to try my absolute hardest!

Dear Kelly: I have a problem, i like this school and all but the kids here aren't very nice here. every time i turn around someone is talking about me.. I've been bullied for as long as i remember and i would like for it to stop.. Im insecure enough as it is.. and i was wondering if there was any way for me to not get bullied or talked about without involving the teachers or making me look like a charity?

Dear Anonymous: People will tell you all your life that it does not matter what people say about you, but just because it does not matter, does not mean that it does not hurt. Bullying can make a persons insecurity level lower then what it is already and that is not right. So what I am trying to say is that no matter what school, and no matter your age, whether you are 6 years old, 16 years old, or even 60 years old, people will always talk about you. The best thing that you can do would be to ignore it, and if it gets to the point were it becomes verbal bullying, talk to somebody that can help.

Dear Kelly: Dear Kelly, I am having some trouble with a friend. Her attitude has really changed, she's become mean, and hurtful. Half of the things she says are insulting to me or the people around her. What should I do when she won't listen to us when we tell her this.

Dear Anonymous: I think that the best thing for you to do would try and get her to open up, because there must be something that is happening that is causing these out bursts and temperament changes. There is always some reason for people to act a certain way, and that reason may not be what you expect it to be, so be ready to be there for him/her when ever they need you.

NOTICE: Dear Kelly is not ment to take the place of a medical respondent or a councilor. Please see one if you think that you might need to talk to one.

No comments:

Post a Comment