Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed and links in the following posts are completed by Deuel High School students and do not necessarily reflect the views of the other students, teachers, the school board or administration of the School District. Please join in the conversation with the students as we encourage your thoughts and opinions as well. If you choose not to identify yourself, the comment may not be approved.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wacky Poems



Another set of books that I read were the Shel Silverstein poem books. They are very good, and you should read them if you get a chance. They have a lot of poems in them that are what you would typically be expecting. The book also has some pretty wacky pictures in it! The set that I have comes with three books. The names of these books are: Falling up, A Light in the Attic, and Where the Sidewalk Ends. As you can already tell by the names there is going to be some pretty wacky things. Let me give you and example of just a couple of the poems in the books. Look at the pictures above to know how truly funny the poems are.

Carrots (Falling Up)
They say that carrots are good for your eyes,
They swear that they improve your sight,
But I'm seein' worse than I did last night -
You think maybe I ain't usin' 'em right?

Arrow (A Light in the Attic)
I shot an arrow toward the sky,
It hit a white cloud floating by.
The cloud fell dying to the shore,
I don't shoot arrows anymore.

Love (Where the Sidewalk Ends)
Ricky was "L" but he's home with the flu,
Lizzie, our "O," had some homework to do,
Mitchell, "E" prob'ly got lost on the way
So I'm all of love that could make it today

All about poems came from the book in parenthasees. I do not own these poems, Shel Silverstein does. If you want some good laughs though read the books. The above pictures go with their respective story.

No comments:

Post a Comment