Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed and links in the following posts are completed by Deuel High School students and do not necessarily reflect the views of the other students, teachers, the school board or administration of the School District. Please join in the conversation with the students as we encourage your thoughts and opinions as well. If you choose not to identify yourself, the comment may not be approved.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Gymnastics still?

On Friday, April 15, 2011 I will be competing at the regional gymnastics meet. This means that I qualified at the state meet to represent South Dakota in Des Moines, IA at the region meet as a level 10. You may be wondering what I am competing for. Well I am competing for Dakota Gold Gymnastics in Watertown. This is where I work out all summer and also at times during the winter. You qualify for this meet at the state meet. This year the state meet was held in Rapid City. At this meet you have to get an All-Around score of 34.0, I barely made it with a 34.125. I have things to prove on though, seeing as I fell twice in the meet. Now back to what regions is. On Wednesday night we will be leaving for Iowa. The reason for this is because we have a practice to go to on Thursday morning at eight. This practice is to allow each state a time to practice on all of the equipment, to get ready to compete in the following days. Then on Friday at 12:30 I will be competing to see if I can maybe qualify for the national meet. The national meet for level 10's is held in Long Beach, California this year, it would be such an amazing experience to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment