Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed and links in the following posts are completed by Deuel High School students and do not necessarily reflect the views of the other students, teachers, the school board or administration of the School District. Please join in the conversation with the students as we encourage your thoughts and opinions as well. If you choose not to identify yourself, the comment may not be approved.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Votes Are In

I was able to vote this election, so I did! Some people I voted for did win, but the governor and house of representative I voted for didn't win. I knew it would be a close one. I am not to bummed out that they didn't, because sometimes I just feel like it really doesn't affect me even though I'm sure it does in some way, shape, or form. The way people make it sound is that Kristi Noem doesn't like to do a lot for education, so that probably affects all of us. I am very happy that the smoking ban passed, I'm surprised it hadn't been passed years ago like it should have been!

I don't know if I will vote again, because I feel like my vote isn't really going to make a difference, but if I don't then I can't complain about the winners!

1 comment:

  1. You should keep voting! haha It's a good choice becuase youe one vote does matter in fact; imagine if only 3 people thought that way in each district in South Dakota (which i'm sure happens), they would be missing out on alot of votes.

    ReplyDelete