Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed and links in the following posts are completed by Deuel High School students and do not necessarily reflect the views of the other students, teachers, the school board or administration of the School District. Please join in the conversation with the students as we encourage your thoughts and opinions as well. If you choose not to identify yourself, the comment may not be approved.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bringing Natural Beauty Back

Teen girls in a Texas High School are trying to gain self-confidence by not wearing make-up one day of the week.

This article caught my attention, because I didn't realize why it was such a big deal because a lot of people here don't wear make-up to school. This school is much bigger than ours though, so I'm sure there are more cliques and probably more competition.

I hardly ever wear make-up to school, but I don't do it to gain self-confidence, I am just to lazy to put it on every morning. I think it's a good idea that they're doing it for self-confidence though. It probably helps some girls feel more comfortable when others are doing it with them. I also thought it was great that the guys in their school were supporting them, because most girls are so concerned with their looks because of guys which can sometimes end up getting out of hand. This probably really boosted their confidence!

I think another good thing about this is seeing girls help other girls, because that's something you don't see a lot.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/19/earlyshow/living/parenting/main6971793.shtml?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea

No comments:

Post a Comment