Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed and links in the following posts are completed by Deuel High School students and do not necessarily reflect the views of the other students, teachers, the school board or administration of the School District. Please join in the conversation with the students as we encourage your thoughts and opinions as well. If you choose not to identify yourself, the comment may not be approved.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

New Season, New Squad: Football

There's only one cheer squad left and I couldn't leave them out. The new 2011 football cheerleading squad consists of senior Shannon DeBoer, juniors Samantha Wiekamp and Alex Stein, sophomore Karina Noem, and incoming freshmen Stephanie Greber and Meghan Sievers. The squad will be back with Sheila Monnier as their coach once again. "I'm not sure how I feel about being a senior, let alone the only senior, on the squad next season," said DeBoer, "but I am excited to take the reigns a little bit and help out the younger cheerleaders the best I possibly can!"
I think cheerleading should be considered a sport even though we don't necessarily flip up in the sky. From my experience, cheerleading has been a huge help for me. You learn confidence really fast because how else are you going to go out in front of a huge crowd and people you don't know and show em what you got. The girls are all really fun to hang out with and bonding together during bus rides and getting ready is always a plus.
Good luck to all the girls who made their squads this season! I can't wait to see how all their practice comes together come game time.

1 comment: