Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed and links in the following posts are completed by Deuel High School students and do not necessarily reflect the views of the other students, teachers, the school board or administration of the School District. Please join in the conversation with the students as we encourage your thoughts and opinions as well. If you choose not to identify yourself, the comment may not be approved.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Season, New Squad: Boys Basketball

There were twenty girls all together that tried out for a spot on a cheer squad of their choosing. At the end of the day, there were only six spots on football and boys basketball and four open spots on the wrestling squad. After showing off their skills with a new cheer and dance, jumps, and spirit, six lucky ladies get to show off their school spirit cheering for the boys basketball team next winter.
Next year, Alexis Quail, myself, Shannon DeBoer, Lexi Anderson, Brandi Barondeau, and Danielle Esche will hit the floor with some impressive moves. Quail will be a senior returning for her fourth and final year as a basketball cheerleader. DeBoer, Anderson, Barondeau, and I will be returning for our third year on the sidelines, while Esche is the newbie on the squad for her first year.
I'm very excited to get back into cheerleading for my senior year and a brief hiatus last season. It's so weird to think that I'm going to a senior because I still remember being a freshman with a senior on the squad. I think being back on the squad my senior year will be a perfect end to my high school career.

No comments:

Post a Comment