Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed and links in the following posts are completed by Deuel High School students and do not necessarily reflect the views of the other students, teachers, the school board or administration of the School District. Please join in the conversation with the students as we encourage your thoughts and opinions as well. If you choose not to identify yourself, the comment may not be approved.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Schizophrenia Causing Problems


Last night I watched Criminal Minds. It was the first time I've ever watched a whole entire episode. I found it very intriguing, but I think I like the CSI series better. I was very fascinated by the story behind it. It reminded me of a movie I had just watched in algebra not that long ago. The movie was about John Nash, the famous mathematician, who was schizophrenic. This episode was also about a schizophrenic who was murdering people. He was "seeing" people who were telling him what to do and to murder others. He thought the problem was that he had an exorcism when he was younger, so he went to a priest but the priest wouldn't reverse it for him. At the end of the show, once the FBI caught him, he was taken to a hospital to be treated. He received shock therapy, but I don't think it worked because at the very end he still saw the 3 people that had been tormenting him. Above is a picture of Ben, the schizophrenic from this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment