Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed and links in the following posts are completed by Deuel High School students and do not necessarily reflect the views of the other students, teachers, the school board or administration of the School District. Please join in the conversation with the students as we encourage your thoughts and opinions as well. If you choose not to identify yourself, the comment may not be approved.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Present Problems!


When it comes to a holiday or a special day its always hard to buy gifts for your teen friends. I had always been in that situation, trying to find the perfect thing for your best friend. It would seem easy to shop for a teen since we are teens but for me its the hardest person to shop for. With my grandma, grandpa, and mom they usually have one thing they want the whole year and they will keep reminding you or they might just say “Oh no hun I don't need anything I have everything I need.”

With my friends its the same situation, they say they don't want anything but you now deep down they do and with Christmas coming up its crunch time to shop. Another thing is teens are very picky and usually a gift card or money is the best way to go but who wants that from their friend? For me its more fun to watch my friend open a present then to open an envelope with a gift card inside.

I have now concluded and talked with my friends that we will not be drawing names, or exchanging gifts for Christmas we will be taking a day to go to Sioux Falls and shop together for our family. I told them gifts don't matter just us being together is our Christmas gifts from each other!


1 comment:

  1. Good idea! Use the holidays to share experiences, not things. Maybe even take it a step farther: have any of your friends talked about diverting some of that shopping money to the Advent Conspiracy or another worthy cause?

    See also: Reverend Billy in What Would Jesus Buy?

    ReplyDelete